Seeking enthusiastic, energetic Afterschool Group Leaders at Tobin Beaudet Afterschool in Needham.
- Part-time positions of 25-30 hours per week
- Schedule: 1:30 - 6:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Positions available immediately
- Extended hours required on public school early release days, school vacation days, and snow days.
- School year position with option of summer employment.
- Bring your passion for working with children and your special interests (cooking, art, sports, sewing, music, dance, etc.) to help us make our program for students ages 4 to 13 the very best it can be!
- Two positions available:
- One working with our younger students, ages 4- 7 years old
- One working with our older students 8-13 years old.
- In your application please note for which position you are applying.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a positive interpersonal relationship with all children, faculty and parents/guardians and directs pertinent information as appropriate
- Works closely with all teachers in a team-teaching atmosphere and shares pertinent information, suggestions and ideas on a regular basis
- Develops and implements developmentally appropriate curriculum for individual children and overall group; submits written plans for Site Coordinators/Director on a weekly basis
- Oversees and facilitates the overall general safety of the children’s environment and activities
- Acts as a role model for the children regarding appearance and behavior; communicates with children in a clear concise manner
- Supervises indoor and outdoor activities
- Monitors and documents issues, concerns, and problems of each individual child; documents issues/concerns/problems as needed
- Attends to the individual needs of children in classroom environment, including hygiene and personal care activities as needed
- Adheres to all established policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Participates in preparing and cleaning up classroom activities and projects to include maintaining a clean environment through the facilities
- Participates in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Serves as a mandated reporter and reports any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Directors for follow through.
- Experience working with children
- Eagerness to join our professional team of educators]
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Dept. of Education Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing is a real plus!
- $15- $17/hour (based on experience & education)
About Tobin Beaudet Schools
Nurturing, Educating & Empowering Children
Tobin Beaudet Afterschool & Club 1458 are licensed by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care and Nationally Accredited by The Council on Accreditation.Our program was established in 1997 with the philosophy that at the end of each school day, each child should have the opportunity to unwind, play with friends, and continue learning in a home-like environment. Our students enjoy participating in enriching activities, such as sports, foreign languages, cooking, art, yoga, animal science, gardening, and much more! We offer a variety of activities to appeal to all interests.