Seeking enthusiastic, energetic Afterschool Group Leaders at Tobin Afterschool in Natick. Come join our welcoming, caring team of professionals here at Tobin!
- Part-time positions of 25-30 hours per week
- Schedule: 1:30 - 6:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Positions available immediately
- Extended hours required on public school early release days, school vacation days, and snow days
- School year position with option of summer employment
Bring your passion for working with children and your special interests (cooking, athletics/fitness, science projects and activities, drama/theater games) to help us make our program for students in Kindergarten to grade 4 the very best it can be!
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement athletic/fitness, cooking, science, drama/theater, games, and other enrichment activities. Have a passion for chess, comic books, sewing, photography? We'd love you to share it with our students!
- Work closely in a team-teaching atmosphere providing a warm, caring environment for children.
- Guide and support the children in their development of interpersonal skills in a fun, respectful, and safe environment.
- Establish and maintain a positive interpersonal relationship with all children, faculty and parents/guardians.
- Assist and support children with homework.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate, engaging curriculum for individual children and groups; written curriculum plans submitted weekly to Site Coordinators/Director.
- Oversee and facilitate the general safety of the children’s environment and activities.
- Act as a role model for the children regarding appearance and behavior, communicating with children in a clear professional manner.
- Candidates must be 18 or older with experience in an educational setting.
- Experience working with children
- Eagerness to join our professional team of educators
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Dept. of Education Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing is a real plus!
Benefits and Compensation:
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Pay rate is dependent on relevant education and experience.
About Tobin Afterschool:
We are a fully insured school-age childcare program licensed by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care and Nationally Accredited by The Council on Accreditation.
Our program was established in 1993 with the philosophy that at the end of each school day, each child should have the opportunity to unwind, play with friends, and continue learning in a home-like environment.
Our students enjoy participating in enriching activities, such as sports, foreign languages, cooking, art, yoga, animal science, gardening, and much more! We offer a variety of activities to appeal to all interests.
Come join our amazing team at Tobin Afterschool – it's a great place to work!
Learn more about us here